Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello and welcome to something that began it all.



On Facebook, I posted a picture of me for my account when I first started there.  At one point, I posted a picture of me wearing my leather Muir cap.   It really was more for a laugh, but the picture was noted by friends.  And a tradition was born for me to post new images of myself for people to enjoy.  I was surprised (and still surprised) at all the attention as I have never thought much of my appearance.  I know that I am not ugly, but frankly never consider myself anything special.  However, when my life partner came to visit two years ago - he posed me for pictures.  Jean is a excellent photographer, and this is a favorite picture of myself.  And it was/is of many of my friends.

I am also surprised that I can 'do' a cowboy image.  Being from Indiana, cowboys are not part of the traditional Hoosier heritage.  It's something for the real West.  But - many see me more as cowboy than as leather Sir.  But this too was a surprise in the process that has led me to this blog.

The point is - that this interest in my appearance remains a surprise to me, but it is something that I cannot deny.  I have for awhile been exploring just what this means, and one of the purposes of this blog is explore it more widely than it is possible on Facebook.  However, whatever form this exploration this takes here in the blog - it is my intention that it done from a tasteful point of view.  However, as a artist, I know that tasteful is in the eye of the beholder.  What is tasteful to one person, is disgusting to another.  Yet, as a artist, I also know that we grow and develop by opening ourselves to new things and consideration.  Despite what some might think, I am a rather reserve person.  There are likely several reasons for this - background, family and personal self-image, so this exploration is one of self-discovery that I am sharing with you.  Another focal point is that as a gay man, I see the world from that condition.  We have made many advances in my life, and yet there are still much remaining to change.  Therefore, much of this blog will reflect a gay identity and concern. Finally, this blog will have a focus of 'me', but the deeper focus is on being a gay man, a artist, and - it seems - something to focus on by many.  And in this, I will be exploring this by opening to this process.  It will be a open ended thing, and also opened to considerations of areas and subjects wider than just 'me'.

This then is the start of The World, The Fresh and The Spirit of Dav.  Welcome and thank you for reading.  I hope you return. 

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, Dav! I look forward to reading and visiting more!! Xoxox Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, timely, and so familiar! Great job Dav and great insight. We seem to be on a simpatico journey. I look forward to seeing your images and reading your words. Thank you for your courage and sharing your inner and outer life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. Looking forward to your future postings. There is something about you that connects me with you. Has been now already for a while. And besides you being handsome and sexy I don't know what really connects us. maybe just two minds alike. And there are things about me you know that not much friends on FB or even real know. I do trust you. I know a bit about the situation you are in now and how you long for a getaway. This blog might be your getaway for the moment. Big hugs from Belgium my friend xxx Steve Van de Voorde

    ReplyDelete